Administrator

Status
    Spoilers
    Season finale is here.

Rachel and Kurt: they’re perfection!

My Cup - by Bartie

New Couple alert!

Brittana

Rachel and Sunshine scene in the bathroom again.

Blaine is in the episode!

Puck says New York is the city of love.

People talk about their future after they graduate.

2.     +1   -1

I will go down with this ship!

Group
    Administrator

Status

Another Kiss That Changes Everything! Teaser for Glee Season 2 Finale: "New York"

Glee takes the Big Apple by storm, and what better place for a high-energy song-and-dance number than NYC’s iconic Central Park? Word has it the episode features a mashup of Madonna’s “I Love New York” and Frank Sinatra’s “New York, New York.”

It’s the inevitable good news/bad news scenario, Gleeks: Starting with the bad, yes, it’s the last new Glee of the season. But on to the good: SEASON FINALE! All of the dangling plotlines from Season 2 — OK, at least most of them — come to a head as New Directions hits the Big Apple for Nationals, and Wetpaint’s gonna start spreading the news about the closing chapter, “New York.”

Glee’s been known for snagging some big-name guest stars, but none come bigger than New York City itself: The cast and crew went on location, and the City That Never Sleeps was aglow for its close-up.

Starting with the very first seconds, NYC is lovingly depicted as the perfect dreamscape for McKinley’s rising talents — seriously, who doesn’t love a not-so-subtle shout-out to the opening scene of Woody Allen’s Manhattan, complete with accompaniment by Gotham’s greatest songwriter, George Gershwin — and every new landmark that appears as the episode unfolds (Broadway! Times Square! Central Park’s Bow Bridge! Tiffany’s! Sardi’s! And a certain magical spot that we can’t bring ourselves to spoil!) brings the ambition-fulfilling possibilities of the city to life.

But that’s just the backdrop. Things get juicy as our Glee folks dare to dream. Now that Finn (Cory Monteith) and Quinn (Dianna Agron) are kaput as a couple, more than just you Finchel Fanatics are hoping for his long-awaited reunion with Rachel (Lea Michele) — but something even bigger than Jesse St. James (Jonathan Groff) may stand in the way of a reunion. And yeah, Jesse’s ready to block the path, too.

Meanwhile, as Quinn’s wrestling with the sudden loss of her own vision for the future, big dreams are filling the head of Mr. Schue (Matthew Morrison) himself: Will’s headed to the city with a not-so-secret agenda (to Emma [Jayma Mays], at least) that may have an impact on the glee club’s future — not to mention their shot at Nationals.

Gleeep222sunshine-49006180
    Photo Credit: Adam Rose/FOX
    Photo:

Guess who’s back? New Directions takes on longtime rivals Vocal Adrenaline at Nationals, and the onetime Jesse-fronted performers are now led by none other than Sunshine Corazon (Charice). Sorry, New Directions, but you guys aren’t the only ones to bust out original songs!

- Broadway legend Patti LuPone (or, for you fans of '90s-era family TV, Corky’s mom from Life Goes On) appears as herself, as only she can (although we admit, when we got a good look at her and Lea Michele side by side, the resemblance had us wishing she might have played someone related to Rachel).

- The episode, as you’ve probably heard, is jam-packed with NYC-inspired music — everything from a mashup of Madonna’s “I Love New York” and “New York, New York” from the classic musical On the Town, to a bar or two of another Sinatra anthem to the Big Apple. And can you guess which Disney animated film inspired one of the more romantic musical selections?

- More music: The show choir remains committed to showcasing original songs at Nationals (and they might not be the only ones), and in their search for just the right tune we’re introduced to a certain number that’s even catchier than “My Headband.” Oh, and there’s also a little ditty by some up-and-comer named Matthew Morrison.

- Gotta be honest here: There’s one long-simmering plotline that’s been fairly front and center all season that’s nowhere to be seen in the finale. What the--? We were pretty sure that one hadn’t been tied up with a bow just yet. Oh well, here’s hoping for a little more resolution — or repercussions — in the fall.

- There’s the long-awaited showdown between Rachel and Sunshine Corazon (Charice). Yep, that’s what we’ll call it.

- Someone in show choir — and on the Glee writing staff — is clearly obsessed with all things Royal Wedding. We approve.

- On the couples front, did someone just say, “I love you?” Do they hear it back? And is yet another romantic partnership percolating?

- And finally — how many times a season can we say this? As many times as Ryan Murphy and the gang keep throwing ‘em at us — IT’S THE KISS THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!

SOURCE

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status

Q&A With Glee Executive Producer Ian Brennan

Can you tell us who some of the guest stars will be next season?
    I have no idea.

Who would you love to have?
    Bruce Springsteen as a motivational speaker.

Have you ever contacted him?
    No, we are still on hiatus, and we won’t start writing for another couple of weeks. We have sat down and talked a little bit about where we want the show to go but we haven’t written anything yet.

Are you going to change any of the cast in season three?
    We aren’t going to change the entire cast, but some of the cast will graduate. I just think we would be missing a beat if we didn’t acknowledge the fact that a huge part of high school is graduating from high school, and that’s going to give us a lot of stuff to write to in season three. Every time we bring in a new character it’s worked out really well, we’ve been very fortunate. We get to sort of start new—we get to bring in new characters and write new storylines. That was one of the big surprises of season two, the new characters just seemed like they had been there together forever. So bringing in new characters will allow us a little more flexibility and will add to the longevity of the show.

Do you have any specific types of characters in mind that you’d like to introduce next season?
    The reality show has cast a character that is very exciting. I can’t even tell you whether it’s a guy or a girl, but we are very, very excited about the prospect of bring on this new person. It going to be really, really good, and totally interesting something we had totally not thought of. This person coming onto the show is going to add a really, really, funny dynamic. But there’s all kinds and that’s what I think is exciting about the show, it’s sort of a naturally diverse cast. By doing a show about an American high school you get all types thrown in, and we want to continue in that tradition.

Are they going to win Nationals next season?

I don’t know, maybe. I think they should compete internationally. Maybe we’ll have them compete in Paris or something.

Is it hard to keep the show fresh?
    Yes, just the volume you have to write and doing a new episode every eight days is a lot. There’s just the three of us, and we’ve written 44 scripts now which is pretty unheard of in network television. We throw out a lot of ideas because we don’t think they’re fresh enough, and that’s the thing at the forefront of our mind—just to keep it funny and emotional and not boring. Those are the three things we think about all the time. And it is hard and there are usually three or four episodes every season which aren’t as good as the others. But then the converse of that is you’ll have four or five episodes that are really great. There will be scenes that I’ll watch in postproduction and the hair on my neck will just sort of stick up and that doesn’t happen to me on other network shows I watch. I love that about the show.

Is there any formula that you use when writing—like do you need a certain number of songs each episode?

That is something we struggle with, how many songs to have in each episode. We have had as few as two songs and the episode has worked, and we’ve had as many as 10 and the episode has worked, and in other shows it feels like there are too few or too many and that’s something we’ve yet to figure out. What you don’t want to do is have the music scene just arbitrary, where they’re just singing suddenly for some reason. Integrating the songs into the story the best we can is always the challenge. I, for one, would like to do a show with no music…we can’t because of the nature of the show, but I think it would be interesting.

You may have noticed we usually have a song before the first commercial break and that’s something we learned. We have had shows where we didn’t do that and it just wasn’t right. We’d look at it and say “What is wrong with this? Something just isn’t right.” And that’s something you never could have guessed—that you have to have a song in the first 10 pages of the script. So there is a learning curve. Part of what is exciting about the show is we didn’t have a formula, there was no musical show that had worked in decades and so we just started from scratch.

And so as writers we just continued to find our way. We’ll try stuff out and we’ll try to push boundaries. In the second season we thought, wow, what can we do to keep this interesting, even structurally, and I think some people like that and some people don’t. But we are constantly trying to keep it interesting in a fundamental way from keeping it from turning into something you tune into and say, “Yup, it’s the singing kids.” We just want it to be more than that.

Elsewhere today you said you share a certain worldview with Sue (Jane Lynch)—which is a little disconcerting. Can you explain what you mean?

I think everybody has a mean side and I didn’t realize it, but I have just a biting sense of humor sometimes. I am very nice, I think I’m affable—but I’ll also have these very mean thoughts all the time. I think what’s so great about that character is you get to write the meanest thing you can. And she’s not the only mean character—Santana (Naya Rivera) is super, super mean. But somehow it works. In the context of such joy and happiness you need that voice to cut against the sweetness of it. You need those characters to be more cynical than the most cynical viewers, so you’ve outcynicalled your audience. It’s our way of winking to our audience, saying, “We know this is a crazy world, just enjoy it, we’ll make fun of ourselves so you don’t have to.”

Which Glee kids seem most ready to graduate? Do you think the Boss would do Glee? Hit the comments!

SOURCE

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status

GLEE SEASON 3 EPISODE 1 SPOILERS

The seniors will be announced in this episode (right now only Tina has been confirmed as a Junior).
    Eric Stoltz is directing this episode
    David Karofsky wil most likely not be in the first episode. Beiste is back and has a scene with Will and Emma.
    Mercedes has a scene with a new costar, apparently her new love interest. The winner of TGP will be introduced in the first episode but will not be on set until the 21st so the winner wont be given away to the public until after the reality show ends
    Two new characters will be introduced, Sheila and Sugar (Vanessa Lengies)
    Rachel will be slushied in the first episode. Kurt and Rachel have a scene with Ms. Pillsbury. Quinn will have a scene with Rachel. Klaine has a scene at the Lima Bean. Apparently there is a school musical plotline with Rachel being the lead.
    Its been confirmed Blaine sings “It’s Not Unusual” by Tom Jones with New Directions in the courtyard. It seems as though Blaine is now as New Directions but it has not been confirmed.
    As seen in these new pictures tumblrs been showing, Santana seems to be back on the Cheerios. Quinn has turned into a bad girl with a completely new wardrobe and, apparently, pink hair. She also has a new silver necklace with an upside down cross.
    Heather Morris said that she thinks the Brittana storyline is over for the time-being, and right now Brittany still very much wants Artie back in her life.
    There will be at least one number in the choir room that involves a lot of singing and dancing.
    I found all of this information on spoilertv, watch with kristin, glee wiki, ask ausiello, and the cast’s twitters.

SOURCE

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status

Spoiler Chat: What's Happening With Brittany and Santana on Glee?

Turns out, when Glee comes thisclose to hooking up two of its fan-favorite characters, same-sex characters no less, you Gleeks kinda sorta want to know what is going to happen next. And by "kinda sorta" we mean we're pretty sure we could ask you for a kidney and you'd pony up.

Lucky for you, you can keep your organs to yourselves (always good advice) because we have the inside line on where things stand on all things Brittana. We have to warn you, though, you might be disappointed.

Far less disappointing is the scoop we have on shows like Grey's Anatomy, Castle, The Vampire Diaries, Parks and Recreation and more, so dig on in...

HeMo_Sexual: We'd love some Brittana news, but it's harder to get your hands on than Class A Crack. #BRITTANA

MORE: Watch out, Dianna Agron! Glee's Samuel and Damian Reveal a New Love Triangle

How would you know about getting your hands on crack? We're going to have to sit down and have a talk soon, Intervention style. But first, let's talk Brittana. A reliable source tells me nothing yet has been written for Brittany and Santana together for the new season, so it won't be tackled in the very beginning of season three (the first two scripts are already out). However, the writers are tentatively planning an arc for them a little later on, so…you're gonna LOVE me for saying this but…we have to be patient. (I'll stand still while you throw those rotten tomatoes and shoes at my head. And I'll let you know as soon as I hear that the Brittana/Santitany storyline is being tackled. Promise.)
    Spoilers: Spoiler Line: Do Not Cross

Saranoh2009: Any scoop on Will/Emma on Glee?
    Idina Menzel is back, as you might know, and it looks like it's gonna be a nice, long visit! Idina herself just told our Marc Malkin that she'll be in "at least eight episodes," and that is more than enough time to find her way back to her ex make-out buddy, Will Shuester. Menzel was pretty mum on plot details, but she did say, "The only thing I can say is my character becomes definitely more multi-dimensional," the hot mom says. "She definitely has a big heart so we'll see new aspects to her personality." Meanwhile, Dianna Agron tells me she's hoping Idina's return means a reunion with the baby she gave up to her, Beth.

1987Dav: Hey Kristin! Anything on Rachel, Shelby and Quinn?
    Rachel's mom Shelby (played by Menzel), will definitely be doing a duet with her daughter. "I just came from the studio recording," she says. "I won't say what it is, but it's something with Lea (Michele) and it's one of the best songs ever written." One of the best songs ever written? We guess it's Eddie Murphy's legendary ditty "Party All the Time," but that's just our opinion. And clearly, it's right.

Continua a leggere: http://it.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kris...0#ixzz1Vthsjvwd

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status

Glee 3x02 : « I’M A UNICORN » SPOILERS.

- It is a Quinn, Puck, Kurt & Brittany episode. Dianna is really centered in the episode.

- One Finchel moment at the start. Rachel goes to see Finn at his work. The kiss happens there.

- When Shelby comes back, Rachel doesn’t talk about it to Finn. Shelby goes to see Will and Quinn. She tells Quinn she wants her to be in Beth’s life but not dressed like this. (punk!quinn)

- Santana is barely in the episode BUT there is a sweet Brittana moment.

- Blaine is a junior. Quote : « Except, I’m a Junior and Seniors get lead roles. »

- No Quinn/Rachel scene but a Rachel/Kurt scene.

- There was a Quinn/Will moment where he tells her to grow up. The moment is about Glee Club.

- Quinn is sad. There is a Quinn, Puck moment alone. There is Quinn, Puck, Shelby moment, too.
    - There are a few Puck/Quinn interactions and a special appearance by BETH !
    - You will be emotional over Quinn & Puck moments. Bring tissues.

-This week’s episode ends on something of a cliffhanger. An emotional cliffhanger.

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status

'Glee' scoop: Gloria Estefan in talks to play [SPOILER] -- EXCLUSIVE

CITAZIONE
    News already broke this week that Ricky Martin was going to appear on Glee this winter as McKinley High’s new Spanish teacher. But now EW has even more exciting news for Latin music fans: A source exclusively tells EW that pop superstar Gloria Estefan is currently in negotiations to play [SPOILER ALERT!!!]… Santana’s mother!
    Last night, we met Santana’s grandmother, who did not approve of her granddaughter’s lesbian lifestyle. But we haven’t heard from her parents, who Santana claimed were supportive of their daughter’s coming out. Gleeks should expect to see Gloria in the same episode as Martin in January. Our source tells us that the entire cast is “really really big fans of hers and we love her music and her husband’s music.” In fact, the plan is for the episode is to feature some of Estefan’s own music as well as some other bilingual tunes.

Notizie bomba ci sono già state questa settimana, quando si è saputo che Ricky martin sarebbe apparso in Glee questo inverno al McKinley come nuovo insegnante di spagnolo.
    Ma ora EW ha altre eccitanti notizie per i fan della musica latina: una fonte ha detto a EW, in via esclusiva, che la superstar pop Gloria Estefan é attualmente in contrattazione per interpretare il ruolo della madre di Santana!
    L'altra sera abbiamo incontrato la nonna di Santana, che non ha approvato l'omosessualità della nipote. Ma non abbiamo ancora sentito a riguardo i suoi genitori, che Santana ha affermato essere di sostegno riguardo l'outing di loro figlia. I Gleek dovrebbero aspettarsi di vedere Gloria nello stesso episodio di Martin, il prossimo Gennaio. La nostra fonte ci ha detto che tutto il cast "é un suo grande fan ed a noi piace la sua musica e quella di suo marito." Infatti i progetti per l'episodio prevedono alcune canzoni dal repertorio della Estefan, così come altri pezzi bilingua.

FONTE: EW

(Traduzione fatta da me per il forum - se volete prelevare l'articolo tradotto, inserite i credits in calce)

36 replies since 5/2/2011, 17:50   614 views