The 84th Academy Awards, La notte degli Oscar

« Older   Newer »

1. marko988
        +1   -1

I will go down with this ship!

Group
    Administrator

Status
    6:42 pm: Cirque du Soleil aside, somehow I am still waiting for the show to start. Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert Downey Jr. try for playful banter in their presentation of Best Documentary award, but their comic timing needs work and the whole thing just feels awkward. Anyway, the Oscar goes to Undefeated. When's Clooney coming on?

6:30 pm: Fourth win for Hugo: Achievement in Sound Mixing.

6:20 pm: Tina Fey and Bradley Cooper present the award for Achievement in film editing and sound editing. Film editing goes to Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The pair also won last year for their work on The Social Network. Achievement in Sound Editing goes to Philip Stockton and Eugene Gearty for Hugo - the film's third award so far.

6:10 pm: Christian Bale presents the first big award of the night: Best Actress in a Supporting Role, noting that all of the nominees are first-timers. It's a tough field, from Melissa McCarthy to Janet McTeer. But the award goes to Octavia Spencer, who looks radiant in a white sequinned gown. "Thank you Academy for putting me with the hottest guy in the room," she says trembling at the mic. She thanks the predictable list of producers, plus her family, the state of Alabama, and... the world!

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Academy+Awards...l#ixzz1nY0DitRH

4 replies since 27/2/2012, 02:46   91 views